Our mission is to touch and enhance lives through the joy that is Krispy Kreme.
Our vision is to be the worldwide leader in sharing delicious tastes and creating joyful memories.
- Consumers are our lifeblood, the center of the doughnut
- There is no substitute for quality in our service to consumers
- Impeccable presentation is critical wherever Krispy Kreme is sold
- We must produce a collaborative team effort that is unexcelled
- We must cast the best possible image in all that we do
- We must never settle for "second best;" we deliver on our commitments
- We must coach our team to ever-better results
WE OPENED OUR DOORS ON JULY 13, 1937Vernon Rudolph bought a secret yeast-raised doughnut recipe from a New Orleans French chef, rented a building in what is now historic Old Salem in Winston-Salem, NC, and began selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts to local grocery stores
The delicious scent of cooking doughnuts drifted into the streets, and passers-by stopped to ask if they could buy hot doughnuts. So, he cut a hole in an outside wall and started selling hot Original Glazed doughnuts directly to customers on the sidewalk.