The Immaculate Conception Parochial School first opened its doors to children of the parish in 1922. The original school building contained four classrooms.
A small group of the Sisters of Loretto, whose motherhouse is at Nerinx, Kentucky, were placed in charge of the new parochial institution. Under the direction of Sister Mary Paul, the Superior, they took up residence in the commodious two-story convent, which had been erected just south of the school building, on Shamrock Avenue. Sister Mary Alexander was principal other members of the staff were Sister Mary Paneratius and Sister Mary Eymard.