Mini-Cassia Chamber Marketplace
About Stars Ferry Building Supplies, Inc.
In 1936 the Luther Warren family moved from Missouri to Burley, Idaho where they found work helping local farmers with harvest and odd jobs. In 1939 they bought the property where Stars Ferry Building Supplies is now located at their place of residence. In 1942 Luther made arrangements to haul Burley brick to Boise and lumber back for a friend who needed lumber for his chicken coops. After that, Luther started keeping lumber on hand and hauling it for many people in the community. That is how Luther Warren Lumber was formed.
The business outgrew the original store (located on the north side of the property), and in 1970 they bought more ground and built a new store (the current location). In 1978 they expanded once more and added the warehouse to the south side of the store.