About Murphy-Wall State Bank and Trust Company
Murphy-Wall State Bank and Trust Company, the oldest bank in Perry County, Illinois, was established in 1874 by W. K. Murphy, George W. Wall, and George W. Parker. Until its incorporation as a state bank in 1907, the bank was known as "The Exchange Bank of Murphy, Wall, and Company" and also as "Murphy, Wall and Company, Bankers." Murphy-Wall has been helping customers for over 140 years.
Murphy-Wall State Bank has enjoyed continuous growth and expansion. Since the first published notice of its total resources in 1881 of $76,585.88, the bank's assets have multiplied many times, to a present total in excess of $110,000,000.00.
The current banking location of our main banking facility in Pinckneyville was constructed during 1982-83. The staff moved from the west side of the courthouse square to the east side in March of that year. A staff of over 26, many of whom made the transition, continue to provide our customers with courteous and competent service.