About Caldwell Chamber of Commerce
For over 133 years, Caldwells Chamber of Commerce has helped local businesses network, develop, and stay informed. The Chamber was originally established under the name of Caldwell Board of Trade back in 1887. The Board of Trade was formed to help the community grow. The Board of Trades first two projects were a wool factory and a railroad to Emmett. During its first year, the Board of Trade played a key role in establishing the Caldwell County Fair. In 1895, while still named the Board of Trade, the Board purchased 5,000 trees which was the beginning for the City becoming a member of Tree City U.S.A. In 1933, the first Buckaroo Breakfast happeneda tradition that lives on today! In 1903, The Board of Trade was renamed Caldwell Commercial Club, and just 5 years later, on April 17, 1907, it became the Caldwell Chamber of Commerce. That date is used as the Chamber's official establishment date due to all the name changes.
In 1997, the Caldwell Chamber of Commerce celebrated its 100 year anniversary of its current inception. The Mayor at the time, Richard H. Winder, gave the Chamber a plaque that is still featured prominently in the Chamber offices.
Today the Chamber works to be the voice and champion of all businesses within Caldwell, big and small. The Buckaroo Breakfast and Caldwell Night Light Parade are some of the Chambers biggest events, carrying on traditions that started long ago.