About Polehn Farms, Inc.
In 1945 Otto and Emma Polehn purchased the Dry Hollow orchard. They grew apricots, peaches, prunes, and cherries. Marvin Polehn the youngest of Otto and Emma's three children married Donella Polehn in 1956
while Marvin was serving in the army, stationed in California. They moved to The Dalles, OR shortly after his discharge and he quickly began to follow in his family's farming practices.
Together, Marvin and Donella, acquired what is today, known as Polehn Farms Inc., with over 450 acres of farmland. In 1989 Polehn Farms built a large packinghouse and started packing and shipping their cherries globally. They raised 5 children on the farm and taught them the value of farming and hard work. Today, the farm is run by the oldest son, Ken Polehn, and the oldest Daughter, Delinda Anderson, who worked alongside their dad to learn the family business and pass on their legacy.