About Tenneson Engineering Corp.
Tenneson Engineering Corporation has over 55 years of experience in providing professional consulting services. We began with the formation of Wall & Tenneson in 1952. This business later became Vernon B. Tenneson & Associates and was incorporated under its current name in 1959.
The firm has developed a steady clientele within its service area and is available for specific projects outside of that area. The firm currently serves as the Engineer-of-Record for the Cities of Dufur, Fossil, Culver, and Maupin; the special districts of Chenowith Water PUD, Port of The Dalles, and Port of Klickitat; and numerous other small Oregon cities on an as-needed basis.
Our mission is to be a high-performing professional firm that provides superior service and products to clients and the community. Tenneson Engineering prides itself on being able to arrive at economically feasible and unbiased solutions for infrastructure needs. This dedication begins with the initial project evaluation and continues through the design phase ending only with the completion of the construction of the project.
It is our desire to conduct business with the highest degree of professional ethics and integrity while fostering a company environment in which every staff person is highly valued and appreciated. In order to achieve this, Tenneson Engineering is committed to:
- Maintaining safety and soundness;
- Being creative, friendly, and responsive to the needs of our clients;
- Selecting, training, and retaining professional employees and providing an environment where they feel motivated to achieve outstanding performance and in which they can obtain a sense of personal worth, growth, achievement, and recognition;
- Supporting the continued development and growth of our community;
- Embracing change; and
- Preserving our honesty, integrity, fairness, professionalism, and confidentiality.
The firm's philosophy is to attempt to get the job done on time, within the available funds, and at the lowest cost possible to achieve the client's objectives. Built-in design concepts are to try to build a project that is as low as possible in operation and maintenance costs, especially when dealing with municipalities or clients with limited maintenance capabilities. We do not take on projects that are outside of our area of expertise. We do the very best job we can with the projects we do accept.